Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Brunch in the city: Effy's Cafe (Manhattan)

Note: French version is on my other food blog: La cuisine de Babeth



A week ago I was in New-York visiting Mathieu, my husband. Yes we are living far away from each other. He is finishing his MBA and I am in France, Antibes (right on the French Riviera) waiting for a legal US work permit.
I spend a 3-day week-end in New-York and we enjoyed touristic stuffs, time spent with each other and some very New-York experiences.
In this post I want to write about a very nice cafe where we had brunch and coffee (coffee for me, I cannot live and even talk in the morning without my coffee joint), this cafe was perfect for us:
- it has outdoor tables
- very good coffee (my favorite is the cafe au lait)
- wonderful bagels
- salads and omelettes, must have for a brunch
- pricing is reasonable
- and it's recommended by Zagat

I just didn't like their cookies, not baked enough for me too much dough like.

Effy's Cafe
American, Mediterranean Style
1638 3rd avenue
(between 91st & 92nd )

2 comments:

Mathieu said...

Effy's a great place on the Upper East Side! Chaotic and good like any French Cafe...

I'll try to get you a pic of the place so you have something better than the check to show ;-)

Mathieu said...

And for anyone wondering, Effy's font is "Curlz MT". We know cause we used this font for our wedding's menu this summer... What were the odds of that???

Share on Facebook