Sunday, November 18, 2007

Restaurant review "La taille de guêpe", Antibes

NOTE: the French version is here on my other food blog

Let's eat flowers!
For all of you who wants to have a tasty lunch while keeping control of calories, here's a good spot here in Antibes, on the French Riviera.

I went on a mission with my 2 lunch-girlfriends (as you may know, I am working from home and my husband lives in New-York, as a matter of fact I don't see a lot of real people during the day and I'm really in need to go out for lunch/coffee/diner) : we tested this restaurant for you!

Food is tasty, plates are colorful and it's not your typical lunch place. You'll find the famous flower salad and a lot of sprouts or quinoa on its menu.

The retaurant is located in the old village of Antibes in a very cute and quite boho street (walking distance from my place :-) ).
Restaurant La taille de guêpe, 24 rue de Fersen, 06600 Antibes (more details below)


For lunch expect to pay around 15 euros (pretty decent price for Cote d'Azur standards).
For such a long time I wanted to test and taste flowers, I've been seen a lot of flowers on farmers markets in California or some food blogs. Now I can say that I did it, Yes!


With Isa and Sandrine (my lunch buddies) we had:

- flower salad (salade de fleurs): a mix of mesclun , sprouts and flowers with walnut oil. It's like still-dead art on a plate: colorful and well presented (sorry guys but I took those pictures with my cell phone and the quality -is it allowed to say quality in this matter?- is crappy)


-then 2 of us had white fish (poisson) and the other one chicken breast. They were served with brown rice, sprouts, veggies and flowers.


-and for dessert: a lovely lavender chocolate cream (DELICIOUSLY CHOCOLATE).

If you're visiting Antibes you have to try this spot!

NOTE: the French version is here.

4 comments:

jeanpaul said...

Bonne idée, je l'essaye cette semaine...

Babeth said...

Vous me donnerez votre avis Jean-Paul.J espere que cela vous plaiera !

Maryjane said...

I went there for dinner with 2 friends last month. I wanted to eat healthy but did not realize how wonderful the food would be. Just incredible!!

Babeth said...

I'm glad you liked it!
It's a trip by itself for your palate and also no excuse ton indulge it's super healthy :-)

Share on Facebook