Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Goat cheese and mache risotto

Note: the French version is here on my other food blog La cuisine de Babeth.



Here I'm back after few adventures in the kitchen (a great class at Lenôtre school in Cannes all about Christmas menu and French Holidays cooking, stay tuned for more!), a nasty illness, a surprise Birthday party to organize, the return of my husband and ... work!

After that busy period there was very little time left to post my participation for Aurely's Food blog game :"Blog me your recipe". It's pretty simple and amusing too. Participants have to "steal" a recipe from the blog Aurely points you to and badaboom you have to rush to your kitchen and redo one recipe.
Flo from "Un Flo de bonnes choses"already stolen one of my cream split peas and bacon soup.
My mission was to dig into a great blog: "Beau à la louche" and pick a victim err... a recipe.
I took my pick and the winner is: "Goat cheese and baby spinach risotto"
I followed the recipe but replaced the spinach by mache salad (a seasonal pick!)

Ingredients: (for party of 2)
- 120g (3/4 cup) of Arborio rice
- 1/2 onion
- 400ml (1 and 3/4 cup) of chicken broth (made from Kub bouillon cube dissolved in water)
- 50ml (around 1/4 cup) of white wine
- one Crottin de Chavignol (goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- olive oil (aka e.v.o.o.)
- 1 cup of mache salad or baby spinach

Directions:
1- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the cut out onion.
2- Add the rice and mix till the rice is coated with oil.
3- Pour the broth ladle by ladle. Note: wait for the rice to absorb the broth before pouring the next ladle.
4- When the risotto rice is cooked add the cut out goat cheese, mache salad and Parmesan. Mix few minutes at low heat.

Note: the French version is here.

2 comments:

Lolotte said...

Very interesting!
From an French woman living in America;-) Regards.
http://blogalolotte.canalblog.com

Babeth said...

Thanks Lolotte from USA :-))

Share on Facebook