Friday, February 8, 2008

Baked potato or mister potato comes to the rescue

Note: French version of this post is here on my other food blog La cuisine de Babeth

Important: don't forget to check: Help beat sarcoma



My dear friends it's time to find a way to beat hoar frost. It's not really the time for fresh salads or citrus desserts but not at all, it's time for comfort food. Mister Potato

came right into my plate to comfort and rescue me (yes I must admit I'm a chilly person). To reproduce at home you will need very few ingredients and it's totally safe. Pick a chubby potato , as big as your fist, some slices of raclette cheese, crème fraîche, scallions and sprouts. Since we are just among us let me unveil my secret and magic recipe which you could right away add to your kitchen black book.

Ingredients: (for on comforting mister Potato)
- 1 large potato
- 2 tablespoons of crème fraîche
- 2 slices of raclette cheese
- 1 scallion, chopped
- sprouts
- kosher salt

Directions:
1- Let bake the potato in a large saucepan filled with salty water. Check with the tip of a knife if it's cooked. (after about 1 hour). Remove from water.
2- Create a dotted line from end to end with your fork, then crack the spud open by squeezing the ends towards one another. It will pop right open. Place the raclette cheese inside. Preheat the oven at 350F.
3- Wrap it into aluminum foil.
4- Place on the oven rack, bake for 5 minutes at 350F.
5- Serve with
crème fraîche, chopped scallion, kosher salt and sprouts on top.

No comments:

Share on Facebook