Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Heidi's crackers

Note: French version is on my other food blog La cuisine de Babeth

Important: don't forget to check: Help beat sarcoma



Do you know Heidi and her 101 cookbooks? She's the Californian woman behind 101cookbooks.com blog. She's sharing with her readers very original and healthy recipes and stunning pictures.
I must recommend her poppy seeds pancakes, they're not FDA approved but they're Mathieu approved, it's even better. I didn't have buttermilk (kind of tricky to find here in France) so I replace it with a plain yogurt and half of the proportion of the buttermilk by regular milk.

At the beginning of the year I bought on amazon her book: Super natural cooking, a great bible for organic cooking with a twist.



I want to share on jewel of her book: her animal crackers, with my twists.
-Japanese crackers
-Provence crackers
- and sweet versions

Ingredients:
-1 package of won-ton skins wrappers
-1 egg
-1 big spoon of heavy cream
-cookies cutters

Directions:
1- Combine the egg and cream in a bowl.
2- Cut the won-ton wrappers with the cookies cutters.
3- Place them onto a parchment sheet.
4- Brush them with thin glaze of the egg mixture.
5- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes at 350F.

1 comment:

Brilynn said...

I have this book and think it's beautiful but haven't cooked much from it, I'll have to give these a try!

Share on Facebook