Monday, March 10, 2008

Brussels sprouts and red quinoa cassolettes

Note: French version is on La cuisine de Babeth, food blog mainted by me

Important: don't forget to check: Help beat sarcoma



To end with honors and fireworks our epic series on Brussels sprouts A-lister, After the first episode: mini-muffins, the sequel: cabbages wedding between Roma and Brussels here's the final chapter of our trilogy: Brussels sprouts quinoa cassolettes.

Ingredients: (serving 2 cassolettes)
- 1 cup of red quinoa
-6 Brussels sprouts
-Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
-butter
-celery salt
-lemon juice
-fleur de sel, or kosher salt

Directions:
1- Trim, wash and cut in quarters (or even smaller) the Brussels sprouts.
2- Heat some butter in a skillet and the Brussels sprouts with celery salt and sauteed for 20 minutes at low or medium heat. (they should not become brown). Set aside.
3- Cook the quinoa following the directions on the box.
4- Butter the cassolettes pans and dd a layer of Brussels sprouts and a layer of quinoa. Cover with grated Parmesan.
5- Bake in the oven for few minutes until the cheese melts and turns your favorite shade of orange.

Note: to serve you can sprinkle some lemon juice and fleur de sel (or kosher salt) on top.
I served them with a simple roquette salad (Arugula).

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love brussel sprouts but never had Quinoa. This sounds like a goood recipe to try. Thanks for entering my contest. I dont have any geographic stipulations but I might be shooked when I go to mail it. I've never mailed anything overseas and it might cost more to mail then the basket is worth. O-well, we'll just chalk it up to a learning experience. I put a ticket in the hat for you! Good luck!

Share on Facebook