Friday, March 14, 2008

The ultimate brownie recipe

Note: French version is on my other food blog La cuisine de Babeth

Important: don't forget to check: Help beat sarcoma



Spring got re-elected without any trouble. Spring is already working hard here in Antibes: birds are twittering and the delicate jasmine perfume lazily overruns the alleys of the city (a smell much more posh than the mimosa's one). Even with the return of colorful butterflies I was in desperate need for comfort, without any alcohol beverage help. My working from home status will lose one word ...
I know 2 very comforting activities: buying a new pair of shoes and eating chocolate. This time I picked the second one. I turned to my Mum's brownie.
Here, only for you the recipe:

Ingredients:
-6 oz of bittersweet baking chocolate
-3oz of butter
-6oz of sugar
-4.5oz of flour
-2 eggs
-1 tbsp of almond purée
-1 pinch of salt

Directions:
1- Melt together the butter and chocolate using the double-boiler method. And if you're in a lazy mood you can skip the double-boiler. You just need to melt the butter and chocolate at low heat, stir well. Be very careful and watch it because it will stick and burn in a blink. No distractions like kids or phones...
2- Mix the sugar with the eggs.
3- Add the melted chocolate, almond purée (can be replace by melted almond paste) to it.
4- Add the flour with a pinch of salt.
5- Butter a baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 375F.

Note: You can combine to the mix some walnuts or fresh strawberries.

6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That brownie with almond puree (interesting) looks very decadent!

Cheers,

Rosa

Deborah said...

I can never have too many brownie recipes, and this one is getting saved!

Babeth said...

Thanks Rosa and Deborah.
This recipe is a "killer" so super good (it's my Mum's recipe, what else I can add ;-))

Caro said...

Great recipe, brownies are being served for tea today
Thank You

Babeth said...

Thanks Caro! I'm so glad that my brownie recipe ends up on with your tea. Tell me what you think of it :-) Cheers

Fearless Kitchen said...

This looks wonderful. I love brownies, but the almond puree takes it to another level.

Share on Facebook