Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A cookbook I cherish

Note: French version is on my other food blog La cuisine de Babeth
Charity: don't forget to check: Help beat sarcoma



Anne
a foodie blogger friend of mine launched a game few days ago: what is your favorite cookbook? Well it's a very tricky question. I stared at my cookbooks collection very puzzled. Which one to pick?? I love all of them, to a certain extent of course. Some I won through various games are not keepers, but I won't name names.

I have some old ladies living on my shelves, but I though that they aren't game materials at least for this time. I wanted to pick a cookbook that everybody would be able to find without spending all week-ends till fall browsing yard-sales.
My pick is: Supernatural cooking by Heidi Swanson, a pleasant healthy Californian writing 101cookbooks blog.
I already tested her animal crackers (here).

Previously on La vie in English: 2 gingers maple-glazed salmon

6 comments:

White On Rice Couple said...

Heidi's book really is fantastic! This is a great, but difficult question. We have so many cookbooks, all of which are so different, yet special. Let us think about this one and get back to you...
Your animal crackers look great and the photography is beautiful!!

Babeth said...

White on rice couple: thanks a lot ;-) I'm waiting for your participation!

Helen said...

I love Heidi's book too, great fresh flavours. I love so many cookbooks though I think it would be impossible to choose!

Papilles et Pupilles said...

I love Heidi's blog but I've still not bought her book. I will do !

Angel said...

Heidi book belongs to my favorites.

Jean said...

I love your blog and to write in both languages is dead impressive! I've just put a link on mine. You'll find it at http://www.grandgennetay.typepad.com
I "found" you at SocialSpark and I'll be back for more!

Share on Facebook