Friday, March 6, 2009

Caramel cupcakes or a cooking video story in Paris!

Note: You prefer Oulala? Read this post on my French blog: La cuisine de Babeth
Rare cancer awareness: don't forget to check: Help beat sarcoma

tournage cuisine studio tv
Photo Magali

Last Friday I woke up at 5a.m, just on time to jump into a TGV for Paris. I was invited again by Philips and Cuisine-Studio to shoot a cooking video. How sweet is my life? It's get even sweeter, I was asked to prepared a sugar based recipe. So I proposed to the crew manager to prepare the caramel cupcakes I made last November for the Daring Bakers challenge.

On set I met lovely French food bloggers: Sandra, Magali and Mamina. Mamina who like my Mum asked me if I washed my hands before starting. I always do, I'm a control freak for that: I wash them all the time! So we're safe!

This experience is rewarding to many aspects: a free trip to Paris, the chance to meet other foodies and last but not least the great pleasure to shoot a video and being pamper by a make-up artist. God this girl is talented! I'm not ugly but I'm a normal girl who woke-up at 5am, don't even bother to try to picture it in your head. It was a disaster.
Then it's always a pleasure to play the supporting actress to the butter, sugar, caramel and other dairy products :-)

Thanks a lot to all of you!

Dare seeing my other food videos?
-grilled marinated shrimps
-beet mousse (dip)
-calamari a la plancha

For caramel cupcakes recipe, just follow this link!

cupcake_caramel

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, that's great! You must have been very excited!

Cheers,

Rosa

Chez Us said...

What a fantastic opportunity! I am sure you had a blast. Your cupcakes look great, just as great as when you did it for DBs! Where is the video going to be?

Babeth said...

@Rosa: yes, it's really fun! I love the experience.

@Chez Us: yes it is. I still don't know when the clip will be released, but I will keep you posted.

Share on Facebook